Thursday 3 April 2008

Welcome to Jurassic Park : Norwich!

I wish.

Anyway... You all remember this fabulous illustration of things with legs and teeth that I did back in my 'traditional' days when ink was real, well today, using amber and DNA extraction technology we were able to reproduce it on an actual computer screen to roam about in the Photoshop Plains.

So, this morning I have been testing out the WACOM once more and experimenting with drawing the monster/dinosaurs that come out of one door in the Zoophobia segment.

As you can see from the first image I tried out a variety of line strengths and pixel widths all in the same composition so as to compare them easier.

I already knew that the 5px was too thick (Rowena said it was like Bang On The Door) a bit too graphic compared to my book work, particularly when coloured in.

The earlier test drawings I made had been using a line of 5px with 50% flow, but now I lowered it to 4px and varied the flow. I think that unfortunately the 3px line is too thin and will flicker when moving apparently, it's also quite pale even on 100% flow as it is here.

I think that I will stick with 4px from now on at about 100% flow, maybe a little less perhaps, but we'll see, now I just need to get on with it a bit more before term starts again.
Although, seeing them next to my original drawing on screen up there the 50% does look like it could also work... dammit... okay, let's just try it with 70% perhaps!!

(The colours are just a silly thing, and I don't think that I'd do it like that if I do end up using colour, so don't panic!)

No comments: